Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vumbe Vyote Vya Mungu Wae Tu

Na m'falme wae tu

Time started: 5:25

When I was in choir Freshman year we sang O' Sifuni Mungu. It was the one thing I was looking foreword to the most because the year before my sister'd taken me to that year's choir concert and I fell in love with the beat. It's so happy, I love it.

It was the first song I'd learned that wasn't in spanish or english *cheer*

I'm not really sure what it means, though.


Watu wote
Vyumbe vyote
Awaye yote
Sifu Mungu

Haha, I think my favorite part of the whole song is the animal sounds (It's not in this version but imagine instead of the whooping you hear a stage full of highschoolers singing and making animal noises). I remember my section of the choir got to be the monkeys. It was awesome.

Ours was faster, too--more upbeat than that version, but its hard to find a decent concert choir version without the quality sounding like a home video....



THis song also reminds me of Lion King, my all-time favorite movie. Especially the parade/festival in Animal Kingdom (you have to create an account, but you can listen to it here. Just make a free account and click on Jukebox. Animal Kingdom should be the third or fourth on the left-hand-side list under Disney Parks, and the audio to the festival begins at "Disney's Animal Kingdom - Parades & Shows - Festival of the Lion King" remember to listen to all of it otherwise it's kinda pointless!)

I've probably already mentioned the site, but I'll mention it again. D-CoT is AMAZING because you can listen to the audio of anything from the original Main Street Electrical Parade to Turtle Talk With Crush. Got a favorite ride? Relive it without the line or the ticket expense! It really is a great way to let out the little kid in everyone.

(Blatant shoutout to Mrs. H-S, it's great for a free vacation for the kids!)

Haha, I'm gonna go skip off to Disney World now, ta ta all!


This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment