Saturday, April 2, 2011

HAIRCUTZ

Time Started: 12:00

It's kind of funny; my grandma (on my mom's side) used to always cut my mom's hair extremely short. My mom hated it, so she never cut my hair any shorter than chin length (she usually cuts hair in the family because it's free and she's good at it)
I always wanted shorter hair, just to see how it would be, and today I unintentionally got my wish.

See, I came out to see my mom cutting my dad's hair. I asked her if she could give me a bob (because when I ask for short that's usually what it ends up looking like) and so she starts cutting. She wanted to try and do a layer effect, and now I litterally have half the hair I started with.
Here's a picture of me last year, which is about the length I had it before she cut it:

Now:


That's not in a ponytail, btw. The whole thing is about as long as my bangs, with some shorter layers.

My mom was so worried I'd hate it.

I won't deny it's nothing I've ever had. My hair hasn't been this short since I was, like, two. But I actually really like it. It'll take getting used to, for sure, but I think it looks good with my face shape.
It's what I asked for, though--
Short, because it's good for summertime
Out of the way, because I hate when I'm trying to do something and all I see is HAIR
Easy to deal with, because I don't have the time nor energy to spend hours trying to do something with my hair

Oh, and feel free to ignore my Baby Buggs Bunny lightswitch cover, as well as the fail duct tape quotes on my door, the day-glow yellow walls, or the mass of glasses on my bookcase.

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment