Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Schedule Troubles

Time Started: 4:03

Today was Monday again. All this crazy schedule stuff is throwing off my inner clock.
Is it Spring Break yet?

Well, I suppose I'll just finish the first chapter of the New ATJ, which is currently still untitled, though I'm thinking either Carmina Bruana or Destati no Yami or something cool and other-language-ish.

Blades clashed as time sped, lives draining and blood raining down to earth.
This wasn’t happening.
He stared at me and cocked his head mockingly, waiting for my next move.
It couldn’t be happening.
The helmet fell to the ground, revealing a heartless smirk.
I took a deep breath to calm myself.
But it was gone in seconds as he suddenly appeared behind me, removing my own helmet.
The cold metal on my neck stung.
My hands bled as I wrapped them around the X-Blade
I guided his blade to my heart, keeping my eyes locked with his.
The fire didn’t die.
“What are you waiting for.”
I pressed myself closer, wincing as the metal broke through my skin.
“Erase me.”
~ThisIsAPageBreak~
Aanyx sped along the shadows in silence, watching her prey as they battled their way up the ever-winding staircase. “Heartless, Heartless, Heartless! Things haven’t changed a bit!” She smirked at that, glad they were appreciating her gift. “Well, it’s a good thing we’re on the job, then.”
“So the worlds aren’t at peace after all?”
Aanyx had to stifle her humorlessly bitter chuckle, scowling as she continued to effortlessly crawl along the underside of the staircase. There could not be peace until her life was restored—she’d vowed that a long time ago. She would bring him back, if she had to visit every last world to do it, she would.
Once she was confident that the trio had arrived into the magician’s room, she portaled just outside the window, swinging in and landing in a crouch as she summoned her whips. “What the—?”
“It’s a Nobody!” Donald cried, pointing at the girl’s black Organization Cloak. Aanyx snarled, “Prepare yourselves! Stand and fight!” Sora blocked her first whip with his Keyblade, but the second lashed out without time to respond. The spiked tip absorbed Donald’s attempted Thunder spell, lodging instead into the Keybearer’s calf.
Dissatisfied, she dismissed both whips in a swirl of Dark Matter, standing straight and pulling her long auburn hair out from her cloak. “You’re dead, Keybearer.” Aanyx tossed the boy a potion, “You’ve failed with flying colors. There are no do-overs in real life, boy. What would you have done if that were a real ambush?”
“That’s enough, Aanyx.” Yen Sid scolded, turning the chair back on its feet. “Sir, this is a suicide mission. I know what the Organization can do and these children are not ready for it.”
“I’m 16!” Sora shot back, but with a flick of her wrist Aanyx knocked the boy onto his back, “Age means little. I’ve been tailing you from the moment you exited the egg and not once had any of you noticed.” She shoved past them, “Not even your worthless king.”
“King Mickey’s not worthless!”
“Oh? Then why else would he send such a stubborn, airheaded, untrained little brat to do a Hero’s job? Eh? Why else would he, the supposed King of Disney Town, send a handful of idiots to their deaths?”
“You don’t know him!”
“Don’t I? I once fought side-by-side that little whelp, and no amount of defending can reverse what I’ve been through.”
As though her point needed proving the girl unzipped the top of her cloak, pulling her bodysuit down enough to reveal a thin black scar along where her heart should have been, “So tell me, Keybearer; do I know what I’m talking about? You’re all the same—shallow-minded and weak.”
“You’re such a downer, girlie.” With another portal of darkness, a second girl appeared. This newcomer wore her ivory hair in a complex up-do, her pastel blue dress in a sort of “gothic lolita” style. She wore the same styled bodysuit as Aanyx underneath the dress, though hers was white rather than black, as well as a pair of lace-up knee-high boots of navy-died leather.
“The world isn’t sunshine and rainbows anymore, Xana.” Aanyx zipped her cloak back into place, flipping her hair over her shoulder, “And I thought I told you to wait outside.”
“But the scary guy was there again!” The newly dubbed ‘Xana’ whined, slouching in an exaggerated fashion. “Then use your powers.”
“But it’s so hard! I’m a lover, not a fighter.”
“But we fight for what we love.”
“Umm…?” Sora tried, but Aanyx flicked him back onto his back once more with a flick of her wrist and another bout of Aeroga. “Gwarsh, that wasn’t very nice.” Goofy said, speaking at last. Aanyx turned to him and raised an eyebrow, seaweed-green eyes glowing eerily as the room grew darker and darker.
“Aanyx.” Yen Sid barked, grasping the girl by either forearm from behind. The Dark Matter dissipated, light returning, and ‘Xana’ helped Sora to his feet. Silence fell, heavy and impenetrable, as Aanyx stared at her reflection in the glass.
“You’ll find that nice rarely describes the Wicked.” Aanyx said at last, turning and marching out of the room. She stopped just inside the doorway, clutching the wood of the door as she spoke over her shoulder without looking at anyone in particular, “You have one half hour. I’ll be preparing the Gumi—don’t keep me waiting.”
With that she slammed the door behind her, leaning against it a moment longer before her eyes began to glow once more. The glowing green expanded to fill her entire eye, form melding with the shadows to create a single charcoal mass half her original height. In the blink of an eye she was gone, streaking from shadow to shadow down the spiral staircase until she finally reached her target.
“Remember me?” She asked in monotone, returning to corporeal form behind Pete. The ‘toon jumped and turned around to find her standing there in a black turtleneck, charcoal “workout” pants, and black leather boots. Her hair was back in a low braid, eyes still glowing slightly, and folded her arms across her chest with a raised eyebrow.
“Gah! You!”
“Yeah, me. I hear you’ve been messing with my sister, Mr. Pete.”
“Maybe I is, maybe I ain’t!”
“Your brave front is amusing at best.” Aanyx smirked wickedly, unhooking one hand to raise idly in a lazy gesture towards the tower, “You should by now be fully aware of the threat residing in that tower. A new Keybearer has emerged, and it unfortunately is one neither of us will be able to claim nor tame. He has the Mouse’s seal on him.”
Pete backed away slightly, unsure of whether to run or not, “Yeah…everybody knows dat he’s da King’s Key.” Aanyx’s smirk grew, eyebrows knotting as she narrowed her eyes, “Not completely, he isn’t.”




Yay, I feels accomplished.

I guess I should explain a bit.

After some discussion with Kat (The KHBBS expert of the two of us) I decided that Aanyx isn't a Nobody after all--she's an Unbirthed. Where normally one's shell becomes a Nobody, because her heartless was split by the X-Blade, or Chi-Blade,  she became an Unbirthed--it's like a combination of Unversed and Nobody.
We agreed this was doable and potentially cannon-correct because the Chi-Blade has unknown characteristics and qualities, so it's the perfect excuse to making somethig that would otherwise be insane and Sue-ish.

I chose the name Unbirthed because it's what the Unversed were originally thought to be called--a little translation error from the Japanese edition.
I also call the X-Blade the Chi-Blade because the character "Chi" in Greek is litterally an 'X'. This, too,was a translation error, but I personally like Chi-Blade better--not only because it's technically more correct, but it's intentionally done. I read an interview where Nomura mentioned the similarities between the words "Chi-Blade" and "Keyblade". If you say it correctly they sound almost exactly the same, which is why Nomura chose it.


This has been a nerdy certified nerdadge drabble courtesy of the nerd Sincerely Doubtful Productions
(I just love strikethroughs, don't you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment