Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ollo

Time started: 1:25

I feel guilty. I didn't do a post yesterday. I had a pretty decent reason...unil nine pm, that is. I went out shopping in the rain yesterday, then had dinner with my grandparents (Their appointment is finally tomorrow!)

When we got home we watched Tangled and Megamind--both of which are amazing, btw--and by that time it was eleven. I know I've done entries at that time or later before, but with the weather and everything I was too cold and too tired to try and pull anything up.

I'm confidant that I can make my deadlines on Google Callendar, but to make up for the lack of post yesterday I think I'll do a fanfic drabble today. If anyone hasn't seen Megamind yet and doesn't want to be spoiled as to what happens, you may want to ignore the following. If so, feel free to skip to just after the lyrics in bold.

BAM!
I tore out my headphones, jumping back as the front door gave way to my right. It fell to the floor with a crash that echoed off the terra-cotta tiles and probably cracking a few of them. The wrought iron had fallen as well, caving with the door as a form slid to the porch in the dust. I grabbed the pistol from the shelf above the TV, where my father'd left it when he and my mom went to the party, and cautiously stepped outside.
I recognized the figure instantly--blue skin, large head, studs on boots, gloves, and cape. MegaMind--the SuperVillain that'd plagued Metro City with his fights against MetroMan. His head was bleeding, forearm twisted backward painfully. Alive, thankfully, but barely conscious.
The wind suddenly picked up before I could assess any further, MetroMan racing over. I whipped out the pistol from behind my back, cocking the hammer and aiming for the Super's forehead. Praying my hand would stay steady I stepped in front of the unconscious blue-skinned Super, "Don't. Move."
MetroMan stopped just above the gate to my yard, "I don't believe you fully grasp the situation, Miss. If you'll permit me--"
"Are you deaf? I said don't move!" My hands were beginning to clam up, but I continued the brave front nonetheless, "The moment you enter my yard I have the right under law to shoot. It becomes self defense, so don't make this first bullet yours. And I'll have you know I understand this situation perfectly." I let go with one hand to gesture to MegaMind behind me, "This guy has entered my property and therefore my care injured, albiet unwillingly. It is therefore my responsibility to see that he leaves fit before I allow this nonsence to continue further. Now get on the ground outside the gate." Resuming my previous hold on the gun I jerked it down slightly to indicate where I ment.
Only once I was sure MetroMan was going to stay there I replaced the hammer and shoved the gun in my back pocket, "Now, I'm going to bring him inside. Don't fly off," I added when I saw him turn to leave, "The door was your doing, and I won't have my dad's anger directed towards me, no thank you. You had better wait there or I swear I will bring this to court."
Reluctantly, the Super nodded, "Very well, Miss. I shall wait."
"Damn right you will." I muttered as I slung one of MegaMind's arms around my shoulders. Dragging him over the doors I slung him as gently onto the armchair as I could before racing off to the laundry room. Grabbing the tape measure and some ribbon I tied one end to the TV stand, pulling the tape measure all the way across the room. Glancing to make sure MegaMind was still out cold I ducked under and pulled the gun out again, "All right, now you're going to come in here and make it look like this never happened. You have powers, get cracking. And don't even think about trying to cross the line, because I will use any means necessary to keep you out.That includes handcuffs if I have to."
"You have my word."
I looked him over, measuring for any of the usual signs of a trick before backing out towards the bathroom, grabbing the basket of assorted first aid materials before digging for the gauze and hydrogen peroxide under the sink. When I heard the two of them begin to banter I made to pull out, only to hit my head on the pipe. Letting out a string of my heavier swears I clutched my head and rocked back and forth on my knees for a few seconds. "Are you okay, Miss?" I heard MetroMan call. I looked towards the door, "Are you still on your side of the tape?"
"Yes, Ma'am."
"Then I'll live." Grabbing the basket again I headed back out, shoving MegaMind back in the chair just as he was about to stand, "You can banter and argue later."
"Hey!"
I slammed the basket on the table, setting the pistol next to it for good measure, before placing my hands on my hips and glaring at him, "Look, I may just be an Average Joe, but from where I'm standing you're an injured person and I have the ability to help you. Now I don't know what either of you did to start this--" When he opened his mouth to counter I got slightly louder, "And quite frankly, I don't give a damn if this was about who picked up who's penny off the street. Now you are going to sit there and let me clean you up, and you," I spun around to send the glare the Hero's way, "are going to make this house look like this never happened." I turned around again, "So stop acting like spoiled five-year-olds for five minutes and I'll let you do what you will. And if either of you happen to involve myself, my family, or this neighborhood in some crazy in-over-your-head scheme again I swear to whatever dieties exist I will shoot the both of you. Beware the fury of a patient woman."
Warnings issued, I began to clean the blood off of MegaMind's head. He recoiled, "Your hands are cold!"
"Ya, it happens." I made to dab at the wound again, but he jerked away. I sighed, "Would it help if I turned the TV on or something?" Not waiting for an answer I turned it on and tossed the remote into his lap, squeezing behind the chair to approach the wound from a different angle--one where I could keep an eye on MetroMan as well.
MegaMind was thankfully distracted, clicking through channels eagerly, "What do you call this contraption?"
"DirecTV? You know...Television?" I rolled my eyes, really ready to be done with the craziness. "Facinating..."
I promptly gave the Villain a karate chop on the uninjured side of his head, "Don't even think about stealing my shit to make something out of it. Steal your own."
MetroMan coughed, and I rolled my eyes again, "C'mon, he's a Super Villain for a reason. He's not about to go buy a TV just because some random citizen told him to."
"Speaking of, you never introduced yourself." MegaMind added as he settled into the chair, eyes never leaving the Spanish soap opera. "What, so you can try and loop me into one of your schemes? No thank you. Call me SinDoubt, or just Sin if you must."
"SinDoubt...is that some kind of code?"
"Yeah, it's code for 'That's my screen name and the closest to any personal information you'll get out of me so shut up and accept it'."
"Curious." MegaMind began to steeple his fingers but I ignored him and tuned out the Spanish soap, glancing over to find MetroMan almost done. "Not bad...for a Super Hero." Indeed, the tiles were even whole again.
"Seeing as I've finished, shall I wait for MegaMind in the yard?"
"You most certainly shall not! You shall wait for him in your hideout--batcave--whatever--until his next ploit. We call this one a draw--you go home, he goes home, I stay home, and whenever it starts again you pick up where you left off. Questions? No? Then get the hell out and take your bloody mayhamic powers with you."
"Did you just stop him from taking me to jail?"
Having locked the newly fixed screen door I turned to glare at MegaMind, "Stop giving me that look. I'm not a Villain." I scooped up the gauze wrap and picked at its hem, "I'm not exactly estatic about Mr.Hero, either."
"Oh?"
I rolled my eyes for perhaps the billionth time that day, "Oh please. Like it's bad enough that he goes around spouting Justice every other word, you don't have to be stuck with Miss-Head-Of-His-Fan-Club as your science partner."
Gently wrapping the bandage around his head I continued, "Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should just be able to go around and steal whatever you want. I dunno, I just think he's such a billboard--The cheesy smile, the corny lines, the really pathetic excuse for a spandex suit.
"It seems like sometimes it should be the other way around--people should be rooting for the one with the better brains, not the brawn, you know?" Tying off the bandage on his head I began to make the impromptu sling, "And while I'm being bluntly honest, I don't care what anyone else says--your enterances have way more pizazz than anyone else I've seen, read, or heard of."
MegaMind was silent, staring at the TV as I worked. I honestly couldn't tell if he was listening or just ignoring me to read the subtitles of the soap opera. I finished the bandage and shook the chair slightly, "Yo, up an' at 'em, Mr. Evil Overlord."
He didn't really say much after that, just a few grunts and mumbles. I walked him out to make sure he would actually leave and locked both doors, turned off the TV, and slid into the computer chair once more, finally replying to my friend's IM inquiries with a simple "Something came up--it's a long story" as I put my headphones back in. I closed my eyes and leaned back in the chair as far as the headphone chord would allow, pretending not to notice as Metro City's best Villain stared at me through the window, clutching the gate for a moment before turning and walking away down the road.
See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyons broken by cloud
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with a leaf in her mouth
After the flood all the colors came out 

Teach me
I know I'm not a hopeless case
What you don't have you don't need it now
What you don't know you can feel it somehow
What you don't have you don't need it now
Don't need it now
What a beautiful day


Wow, that was random. Now hopefully that little plot bunny will leave me alone...
So yeah. Megamind. It's an awesome movie, if anyone out there hasn't seen it, I'd recomend it highly. A little predictable, but worth it. If anyone out there has seen it, see it again.
I probably won't really get much farther with that. It was honestly just one of those plot bunnies that show up and sit on your head untill you get them down. No editing done, and probably never will be, but that's okay.
Brownie Points to anyone who both read that and understood it. :D

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. Megamind (c) Dreamworks; Beautiful Day (c) U2

No comments:

Post a Comment