Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday--What's so good about it?

Warning: Venting ahead

Time Started: 11:38

No, seriously. It may just be because I've never had a religion, but what's so good about Good Friday? Isn't today the day that they nailed ol' whats-his-face to the cross? (I'm not at all trying to bash the religion, I just honestly don't get religion at all.)
(My dad and I also call him Jesus--like, Heh-seuss, not Gee-zus)
But that's another story for another time.


I really wish I'd stop having such weird, vivid dreams. It's not that they're nightmares, per se, but they make no sense.
Like, for example, a few nights ago there was one where this demented blonde lady that apparently knew my mom in highschool showed up at our house and was going to shoot every inanimate object she could.
I stopped her by putting a fat bat plushie on my head, going up to her on a pogostick, and declaring that I was weirder than she was so she had to go away because I beat her.

Seriously.

I get that some of the dreams have some meaning to them--for example, I had another where all of my friends and I were in a PE class where we were playing some sort of Hide-and-Seek/Dodgeball mix. I was one team, everyone else was another.
For that dream I get that my subconscious is trying to tell me that I'm isolated. (In several ways but I won't get into that)

I get the Toy Story one, too. I was thinking about TS3 the day before, so it shuffled in--though why there's ghostbusters, I have no idea.

IgetlastnightstoobutforthesakeofmydamnprideIwon'tgetintoit.



On a completely unrelated topic that is also somehow completely related, I think my house is happier when we listen to Oldies. It was made in the fifties-ish (I think?) and it always seems so much cheerier inside when we're listening to oldies.
It feels so much more familiar to me, too, but that's because of cartoons. All the really good cartoons were made "back in the day" and since that's one of the many things I grew up on, it makes sense that I'd feel happier listening to them.

Nothing cheers the place up like listening to Buddy Holly's "Great Balls of Fire" or anything by The Andrew Sisters or Ritchie Valens' "La Bamba"

AndtrustmewhenIsayIneedit

I've been feeling a little depressed lately. I hope it's just a phase, cuz it's really no fun at all.

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment