Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Technology hates me

Time started: 8:00

No, seriously, it does. I couldn't update yesterday because I came home to find a computer in pieces and a laptop that wouldn't connect to the internet. So now that makes two days that I've not done a post. Darn me and my incompatability with technology.

See, about two years ago--well, okay, lemme back up some more first. Ever heard of the "Blue Screen of Death?"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Screen_of_Death
Have fun.

So our computer, is, like seven years old, and it frequently freaks out (PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T DIE AGAIN AS I TYPE THIS COMPUTER. WE LOVE YOU!!!)
and so the Blue Screen of Death isn't really anything new. Usually we just power it off, give it about five minutes, then turn it back on.
Well one time about two years ago, I was playing ToonTown and I got the BSoD. I figured it was no biggy--it'd happened before--and so powered it off. I made myself some chocolate milk--because that's usually the most consistant thing we have around here--and went to turn it back on...
And all of a sudden the fan inside the tower starts whirring.

So here I am, completely freaking out and trying desporately to make it stop sounding like it's about to explode.
Then the tower starts to smoke, so I book it outside for my dad.
Turns out there's a master power button on the power strip thingy, go fig.

So ever since then it's done the same thing every time it starts up, and every time I flinch and shrink away because--even though I know it'll eventually calm down again--that was perhaps my most traumatic experience. Apparently there's a way to make the school computers' fans go faster and the idiot dumbasses in my pathetic excuse for a history class do that almost every time we're in the computer lab, and somehow I'm forced to sit right across from them no matter what lab we go to and every damn time I have to just flinch and scoot back.

So yeah, I'm scarred for life. That's why I'll never be able to work with anything that whirrs like that because I will freak out and have minor panic attacks every time.


Anywho....
...what was I saying? *goes back to re-read*

OH! YEAH!
So yesterday I come home and find the tower in pieces, right? turns out the speakers were picking up feedback so my dad tried to fix it but the computer wouldn't turn on and kept doing the whirring thing just as fast and high-pitched as that first time and it wouldn't respond to anything.
So my dad took it apart and it only decided to work again a few hours ago. I would've started the update right away but I was playing Epic Mickey.

Image courtesy of Photobucket and is (c) respectful owner(s)




I luvs Ozzie <3

I honestly can't decide how to write his nickname. It's a tossup between Os, Oz, Ossy, or Ozzie.

OOH! Did you know? He's gotta voice again!
A legit Disney bonna-fide voice!

http://oswald-club.deviantart.com/blog/39918476/

Be warned, flash WILL freak no matter what browser you use.

I'm still undecisive about the voice. On one hand, I suppose it could work, but I don't like the sort of nasaly-thing going on. That and it's the same person who voiced Fred from Scooby-Doo, so I keep getting the mental image of Oswald saying "C'mon, gang!" or "Jinkies!" or something DX
I honestly think his original voice actor, from Universal, sort of fits him better.
But on the other hand, I understand Disney's whole edge to Oswald is his resentful, egoistic side, so I guess the voice works for that.

I dunno, I would rather have a happy Oswald than an angsty one. Yeah, Charles Mintz was a sick and twisted man--I need not mention the rape short--and I'm not at all saying I agree with his methods. But at least with that voice he's happier, the same sort of "wascally wabbit" that Disney started with.

Happy!Oswald FTW

That is all

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment