Tuesday, May 31, 2011

New Beginnings

(Though this entry has lots of videos, you can totally ignore them and just read the words instead :) )

A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory
A far-of memory that's like a scattered dream
I want to line the pieces up--
Yours...
...and Mine...

I've been having these weird thoughts lately...
...Like, is any of this for real...?
...Or not...?



United we stand, now and forever, in truth, divided we fall.
Hand upon hand, brother to brother, no one, shall be greater than all.

Life can't be easy
It's not always swell
Don't tell me truth hurts, little girl
'Cause it hurts like hell (Hurts like hell, hurts like hell)

But down in the Underground
You'll find someone true (I'm underground)
Down, in the Underground
A land serene
A crystal moon (Aah-hah)

It's only forever--it's not long at all

They can't tell me who to be
Cause I'm not what they see
And their words are just whispers and lies that I'll never believe

And truth be told, I miss you
And truth be told, I'm LYING!!!

See the world in green and blue
See China right in front of you
See the canyon broken by clouds
See the tuna fleets clearing the sea out
See the Bedouin fires at night
See the oil fields at first light
And see the bird with the leaf in her mouth
After the flood, all the colors came out


I had a dream, when I was young
A dream of sweet illusion
A glimpse of hope and unity, and visions of one sweet union
But a cold wind blows
And a dark rain falls
And in my heart it shows, look what they've done to my dream~
AAAHHH!



There, a little medley for you. I think they sort of fit--more or less--together, don't you? If you take the tempo of each typed verse they sort of flow...I think...
I dunno, I basically started with those quotes from the beginnings of KH 2 and 1 respectively, then went from there. 

So yeah; long time no see (ish)!
I really honestly don't have anything exciting to share this time, hence the medley of random, kh-vid songs above.

I do wish that my MMD selfmodel had facial expressions, though. I really do think that one is the best so far--if only she had facial expressions. I tried making one a bit more heavy set like I am, but all the semi-realistic bases are either completely flat-chested or bulbous. Seeing as it's easier to shrink them in PMDEditor, I tried for a Meiko model...
Background image courtesy of Photobucket
As you can see--even from that distance--her shirt is low-cut and her pants look like a sad imitation to Sora's in Kingdom Hearts 1.
See what I mean?
So I have to derail my thought for just a second--my mom turned on CNN and the guy was saying something about the "group of protesters who think they're a church" being promised as coming up next, but "we canceled because we don't want to give them airtime." 

Okay, back to MMD :)

Another big issue with attempting that model was the lack of larger-chested shirts. Most shirts are very flat-chested, or otherwise look like two bowls on a chest.
So I tried another not-to-scale model, and for now I'm fairly proud of it. I'd like it better if I could get longer shorts on her, but oh well. Potatoes are Potatoes.

Original model - ISAO Summertime Rin.
 Edited by - Sincerely Doubtful Productions.
No copyright infragment intended
I'm quite proud of this one :) All the edits were made to the texture files--except for getting rid of the pigtails--and it took maybe an hour, start to finish. 

I don't really consider her to be a selfmodel per se, since other than eye and hair color and hair length she really looks nothing like me. For now she's got my SinDoubt name, Aelsin. (It's basically an online persona)
She's also got a 'Fairy Godmother Mode', inspired partly by the Disney Cinderella's Fairy Godmother:

Vulpix (c) whoever created Pokemon
Hyrule Field (c) whoever created Zelda
Original model - ISAO Summertime Rin
Edited by - Sincerely Doubtful Productions
Yes, that is a Vulpix, thanks for asking.
My friend Kai got me back into Pokemon with a site called 'pokefarm'. My first Pokemon on there was a Vulpix, and ironically enough, one of the few Pokemon models MMD has is Vulpix.
I remember I once had a story going for Pokemon where the Mary Sue had a Jolteon with three scars down its face. I don't really know why, but ever since then a Jolteon without three scars down its face looks naked to me now. I found a model for Jolteon, but I still haven't figured out how I'm going to add the scars, so I won't show it off just yet. I'm also holding off for a Raichu, because I never really liked Pikachu. I mean, it was cute for the first few episodes, but then I found out that it could have evolved, but it didn't. Raichus are so much prettier than Pikachus....

...wow, that was a rant if I ever wrote one...

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. All videos, lyrics, audio, models, characters, etc. are (c) their respectful owners. No copyright infragment intended.

1 comment:

  1. Fun to check in and see you are still drabbling! Love it.

    MMD looks fun.

    enjoyed the lyrics.

    :)

    ReplyDelete