Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eew; Day 04

Time Started: 8:49

Well, today's been fun. *INSERT SARCASM HERE*

Okay, I'll admit. This morning? Amazing. It was my best friend's birthday party and I (for once) got to hang with her for more than fifteen minutes. (For purpose sake, we'll call her Stitch, since that's her favorite Disney Character.) So Stitch and I have known eachother since a month before Kintergarden--we met at a drinking fountain during registration. We sort of lost contact around middle school for reasons I won't get into, but now I take her to school everymorning.

Except...neither of us are very chatty in the morning, so I unfortunately don't talk to her as much as I used to. :(
That, and I can only safely say that she'd be able to tolerate one of the people I usually hang around--Randy--and that's only because I know they have psych together. So it's hard to find a middleground among the two of us.
Birthdays are usually the case.

So anyway, Stitch and her two little sisters had a shared birthday party today, and it was loads of fun.

And then I found out one of the people who works for my mom was accused of stealing something and the customer was going to call the police. My mom was worn thin on that, having it not only happen on her day off, but on MOTHER'S DAY?!?!?!

But wait, it gets better. You recall my little rant about my idiot of an aunt and her boytoy "friend", yes? Well my aunt had promised that she wouldn't bring him to dinner today, then claimed she can't say no to him, so my dad flat-out said he won't be allowed at our house. So what does my aunt do? She makes plans so that dinner is at her house, so that she can invite whoever the hell she wants!

Now, I'm not big on scary. As a matter of fact, anything that would freak out a toddler is prohibited after the sun goes down. I blame a four-year-old me with an overactive imagination plus all three Jurassic Parks. Not a pretty picture.
So, I've pretty much been a wuss ever since. It's all well and good, don't get me wrong--as long as there's a solid wall at my back and the sun clearly visible high in the sky.

And what does my aunt's boytoy "friend" choose as the topic for this evening? Why, ghost shows and paranormal activities, what else? Because nothing says 'Happy Mothers' Day' like Cola's least favorite topic!
So I'm sitting there, trying my damnedest to not listen, and my aunt's boytoy "friend" just goes on and on and on and I can't find a polite place to butt in, because I didn't want to upset my gramma with what I really wanted to say;
"Shut the eff up already, damnit! And go back to the California Navy or whatever the hell you supposedly did, and stop invading my family time!"
But as it was Mother's Day I didn't want to upset either mom (neither of which includes my aunt) so I waited my turn and simply stated that I don't do creepy after about noon.

So what does he do?

Why, keeps talking, what else?

I swear, I'm going to have nightmares because my aunt's too much of an idiot to say no to her boytoy "friend".



Ah, but that wasn't even the best part of the day! We get two blocks away before our tire starts to make horrible sounds.

My dad was half-way done propping it up with the jack before we realized that some complete and total JACKASS had nailed our back tire.

It was too far in to possibly be done at our house, BUT it was on the side closest to my aunt's house. AND it was on the side, meaning there's no WAY we could've run over it.



So here I am, paranoid AGAIN because some JACKASS decided to be smart and damage our tire.

We've been broken into twice, had our mail stolen too many times to count, and they stole my bike a few years back. I'm paranoid as all hell because they were all conveniently timed to a point when we weren't home, which could only mean that someone (or a group of someones) had/have been watching the house. They KNOW when my dogs take their naps in the livingroom and when they don't. They KNOW when we leave the house everymorning, and when there's someone home alone.

That's why I can't walk through the livingroom when I'm home alone. I get paranoid as all hell, because we have really big windows and I don't want them to see me.

Not long after we were first broken into I had this dream where a guy was trying really hard to get in. He had a grey shirt and khaki cargo shorts and a baseball cap of red and blue. His hair was blond and almost in a buzz cut, and he looked no older than 27. First he tried to get in through the front door, then the window, but the rought iron appeared. I knew he wasn't supposed to see me, so I crawled into my room--it was still empty since we'd just moved in at the time--and was litterally hiding right below the window. And my window  still didn't have the bars on it--or glass, for whatever reason--so he could've easily crawled right in.

I still remember that dream so vividly, even though I'd only had it once. Pressing myself against the cold wall, trying not to make a sound, praying to whatever higher beings that be that I wouldn't be found...


I think I'm so paranoid about it because the first breakin happened litterally months after we'd moved. That also scarred my Jack Russel Terrier, because they locked him in a closet and broke one of his toes. Thank god they didn't kill him, considering they used an ax to get in through the bathroom...

Add that to that dream and the fact that every attack has been planned and you have a very legit reasoning to my paranoia.

Damnit, I probably won't be getting any sleep any time soon....



This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment