Monday, May 9, 2011

OH. EHM. GEE.

Time Started: 9:36


I'm so giddy, I can barely type.

Okay, so a few months (ish) back I'd submitted a poem of Blues lyrics in to a group called "Stories that Soar". It was sort of just a "Haha, this sounds fun. Too bad my stuff's probably never gonna get chosen anyway."
...
It got chosen.
And SUNG.

With the exact pitch I'd had in my head.
With a bass guitar and everything.
I was really bummed when I found out no one had gotten a copy of it.
...
And then, not three minutes ago, I got an email from the group.
"Writer's Blues" will be performed at the "Best of Stories that Soar" performance
Wholy Shit on a stick. I'm so baffled, I had to show everyone in my family to make sure it was real.
For crying out loud, I'd written it as an English assignment! It's a piece of work about writer's block that--for obvious reasons--I won't be sharing on here. If you REALLY want a copy, wait until next month and contact Stories that Soar. They usually make a recording of it (but their camera guy wasn't at the last performance) so you should be able to purchase it and other really great stories for a decent price.
Those of you who live in Arizona should go to the U of A on May 22nd and see it in person.
If you care to meet me (stalkers!) good luck finding me, cuz I don't plan on giving anything of myself away other than the fact that I live in AZ and I go by either Cola or SinDoubt.
It's apparently a fancy to-do, so dress nice :)
Those of you who know me can be filled in on the rest if so desired.
This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. Writer's Blues is (c) me and only me--Sincerely Doubtful Productions. If any of you trolls/theives even think about trying to steal it, you better be prepared to face court, buddies, cuz I not only have this ramble here (what goes on the internet STAYS on the internet) but my family, my English/Creative Writing teacher, AND all of Stories that Soar to back up the fact that I wrote it, and you're all idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment