Thursday, May 5, 2011

Eew

Time Started: 1:57

I hate being sick. Especially given 'sick' to me usually entails a good four-plus hours in front of a toilet and/or trash can.

Speaking of, I just found out that the little green trashcan from the Dollar Tree I've been hacking into for the past hour contains lead "and other toxic chemicals known in the state of California to cause birth defects" which means that there's a likelihood I'll get sick from that.

Moral of the story: ALWAYS read the tag/sticker. Even if it's just on the bottom of a seemingly harmless fifty-cent trash can no taller than a binder that smells inexplainably like the inside of an Auto Zone.

So yeah.


I probably got it from my friend, considering she said she didn't wanna give me a hug 'cuz I might get sick' but I gave her one anyway.
Given my past experience with stomach-related viruses, I'd thought I'd have some sort of immunity to it all.
Apparently not.


Haha, I remember one year before we moved houses I got the same sort of thing a few days before Christmas. Some animated Christmas special was on, but I was bummed that I had to sit in the bathroom instead of watching it with the rest of the family, so my dad brought the little TV in for me to watch it too.
Bear in mind I was, like, four at the time, so watching these things was still very fun and exciting. Having watched Frosty the Snowman every Christmas for thirteen years of my life ruined any form of singing, animated Christmas movie.

No, strike that, I still like the Muppet Christmas Carrol, but even then I only like parts of it. And the music.

Ah, Muppets.
I was watching Sesame Street earlier today--because, really, what else is there to watch but Disney Junior, The Price is Right, Power Rangers, and Sesame Street when you're sick?--and I had a revelation. Ernie sounds like Kermit and Bert sounds like Fozie. In other words, Ernie is voiced by Henson (I can't really think of Jim Henson's son's name) and Bert is voiced by Frank Oz (Who not only does Fozie, but Piggy too. Talk about head trip)

Another funny thing about Ernie and Bert--even when I was little, my gaydar TOTALLY went off watching their segments. Granted I didn't know at the time that it was my gaydar, but I knew that Earnie + Bert = Right; Ernie + no Bert = not supposed to happen.
And even watching it again today, my gaydar was all like, "HOLDEVERYTHINGWE'VEGOTASOLIDRINGERHERE!"

Haha, strange what three hours of sleep, sitting in front of the toilet for three hours, watching Disney Junior for five hours, clutching a lead trash can for those same five hours, and hacking up I-don't-even-want-to-know-what for another half hour (on and off) can do to you. I might nap now, but I might go watch Ouran High School Host Club too....


This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment