Monday, August 8, 2011

Spidey Senses, School, and Spammage

Okay, so the other day my Dad and I got a new 4-player RPG game for the whole family to play, since our other options are Rockband 1-3 (and the Beatles Rock Band), Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, WiiSports, Carnival Games (Which is aimed for 10-year-olds, mind you) or a wide selection of PS2 games that can't be played on our projector. (We'd use the TV but it's two years older than me and is horrible for gaming of any kind)
So we got this game called 'Marvel Ultimate Alliance', right? Now I'm not much on Marvel myself--DC was first, their characters are better, AndGreysonHasAlwaysBeenMyFavoriteRegardlessOfWhatHeroHePosesAs --But it's actually really very fun. Even though we have no idea what we're doing half the time since it didn't come with instructions, being a Super Hero is a whole lot of fun :D
It started out as Thor, Spidey, Wolverine, and Capt. America, but we found out we could change characters not long into the game. Of course, by that time I'd already gotten used to Wolverine's Button-Mashing-Required skematics. Honestly, he's one of my least favorite of Marvel (I swear his story confuses me more than the whole Oh-Yeah-By-The-Way-There's-Multiple-Universes-In-Play thing that DC does.) even though my only real exposure to him was that cartoon of the X-Men back in the late 90's-early 2000's.
But lemme tell you, he's quite fun to play as. I get to perfect my button mashing, which has been seriously lacking since I've stopped re-playing KH. He's also a whole lot faster between attacks than any of the other characters I've tried, which means things die faster, and I only ever have to worry about dying when there's a bossfight, since Wolverine has that whole quick healing thingy. (It's the end of Summer Vacation, I have every right not to be able to think coherently, thankyouverymuch)
But anyway, my dad decided to play as Spidey this time instead of Capt. America like he was last night, and I made a discovery that made me literally snort in laughter.
Spider Man in this game is voiced by Quinton Flynn, who also did the voice of Axel in The Kingdom Hearts series. This was extremely amusing, because it left me with the mental image of Spider Man saying 'Got it Memorized?'
To those of you who don't know who Axel is, here's a short video of one of his bigger scenes. (WARNING: MINOR SPOILERS TO KH2'S PLOTLINE!)
Just imagine Spidey saying those lines, and you've pretty much got it down. XD

This discovery was almost as trippy as when I found out that Sora's voice actor is apparently related to Emily Osment, who plays that blonde chick in the Hannah Montana TV show. (This, of course, lead to the mental image of Sora as a major Hannah/Miley fan XD)
So, so far we have Axel-who's-really-Spidey-in-civvies, Sora-who-is-Vanitas-who's-a-closet-Hannah-Montana-fan, Roxas-who-is-Ventus-who-is-a-former-pop-singer-who's-also-the-only-male-character-in-the-Tinkerbell-movies-not-to-mention-Theodore-from-Alvin-and-the-Chipmunks-but-also-one-of-my-favorite-VA's-for-Robin-in-Young-Justice-and-the-emo-Who-Jojo. If you understood that last one you get major props, cause even I'm lost on that.

Okay, onto the next topic: SCHOOL. Yes, that's right, it's that time of year again, folks. I'm registering for (holy crap) Senior Year tomorrow. Should I be sleeping right now? Probably, but I dun't wanna.
I honestly can't believe that I'm starting my Senior year within the next few weeks. I mean, honestly, what's up with that? What happened to Elementary School? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
I know it's gonna be a tiring registration, though, because I was stupid and signed up for a class that I quickly realized wasn't at all in my interests. See, remember my friend Sitch? Well, she told me she signed up for Criminal Justice as her Government class, and since I haven't had a class with her since 5th grade, I signed up for it too. Except it was only after I couldn't do anything about it that I realized that was really, really stupid of me. For one, there's a very slim chance we'll get the same period, much less the same teacher. For two, I'm going to be an Imagineer, for crying out loud. I really don't think I'm going to need that class. I'd set myself up to fail, seriously.
But the only problem with that is the councilors at my school. You can't get anything done with them unless you kiss their asses every day. Honest, I've seen it happen.
A few years back I needed to switch out of a class. The teacher scared me, I couldn't learn squat from his methods, and I didn't dare approach him about it because he gave me a vibe that screamed pedo (of course, it didn't help the fact that the only people that seem to get along with him are the skinny, preppy, boarderline-cheerleader-stereotype girls that would hang out in his classroom in the mornings and at lunch.) So, considering all this was hurting my grade quite a bit, I decided I should try and switch. Anyone can agree that people try and stress that councilors are there to help you, right? Well, guess what? Mine wasn't!
The girl before me got in and out really quickly, the problem seemed to be solved very smoothly, and the two of them kept talking for a good ten minutes more after that, so I thought I had nothing to worry about.
Except, I get in there and I explain it, and she tries to pin it on the fact that I don't have a planner. AN EFFING PLANNER. I felt so stressed and lost and helpless by the end that I had to go to the nurse so that my dad could take me home because I didn't want to cry in class. Seriously, that woman made me feel like shit.
Naturally, my parents are awesome, and they stepped in and went over my councilor's head about it. Problem solved.
But it's obvious that all the councilors play favorites. I'm not the only one who's met dead ends with councilors about that sort of thing, so I'm a little less than anxious to hear the earful that I'm no doubt going to get from her tomorrow about 'responsibility' and what-not. Thankfully my parents are awesome, and I know my mom will back me on my choices about it. So IN YO FACE, MISS I-ONLY-HELP-THOSE-THAT-KISS-MY-ARSE!
Haha, that felt good, even if she'll probably never hear me say that, it's still nice nonetheless to be able to say that. 8D

OOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!! Before I forget, I've been working on my PMDE skills for my Stop-Motion Program, MMD!
In honor of having finished writing ATJ and to accompany it's sequel-that-still-has-yet-to-be-titled, I've been working on making models for each of the characters' new outfits. (CLICK EACH PICTURE FOR BIGGER IMAGE)
I've only done one and a half so far, but here's what I've got:
AANYX
Original Model: Haku Yowane by Nukude. Edit by SincerelyDoubtfulProductions.
Changes from original model:
Hair length; removed 'antennae', original shirt, and tie; recolored pants, hair, belt, pants, shoes, and eyes; modded feet bigger to keep in 'KH-style', turned shirtless torso and arm warmers into a turtleneck.
This model was very simple to edit. Aanyx was my first edit back when I'd first discovered MMD and PMDE, and I can proudly say she's come a long way since then. I also did a lot of 'firsts' with this model as well; first resizing, first deleting, as well as experimenting on removing only parts of things and putting them on a different layer to recolor them (which I did for the pants and shirt). I'm really proud in that it not only looks like Aanyx but it doesn't lag AT ALL, which is about the only model that this occurs for X3

SORA
Original character (c) Square Enix and Disney
Parts used: KH2 Sora (Hair, pouches, hands, necklace, shoes, skin tone) by NiladtheRogue, KAITO (Base-face, torso, legs) by Kio, Kiyoteru Hiyama (Eyebrows) by ChieMadara, Append Len (Shorts) by (???)
...Eew. Just EW. This model was a NIGHTMARE, it took me a day to find all the parts, about three hours to remove the hair from Sora's effing head, and another who-knows-how-long putting it all together so it can function. His hair was SO DAMN DIFFICULT. Seriously, I'm surprised I'm not crosseyed from trying to put it on its own damn layer so that I could monkey with it. I would have totally given up and used the hair off Heleannor's model, but 1) she said no editing, 2) someone's already giving her a hard time about redistributing her models, and 3) she's really such a sweetheart. :3 I've only ever talked to her in passing but every time I do she's so nice about her model downloads, I can't bear to use her parts. It's bad enough I feel guilty for messing around with her Kairi when I was still trying to understand PMDE... (For this reason, Kairi will NOT be getting an update in my sequel fic. I have no intention of ever distributing my fail edits, but even then Heleannor doesn't want people editing her things, so I won't do it.)
So yeah, back to his hair. HIS EFING HAIR. I had to totally un-texture it because it's that mutilated, and that's why the color looks so flat and gross. I sketched out a rough design not long after I'd finished ATJ, and I made his hair a bit more KH1-ish than KH2-ish, so I tried to re-create that into the model. I'd like it to be more poufy, but I'm all fed up with him for now. :/ Damn Keybearer and his damn hair....
So he's as of now textureless (minus necklace and shoes because NiladtheRogue is amazing and they needed no editing.) His skin needs major work, too, because for some reason only his face changes with the lighting even though it's all on the same texture/coloring/shiney-ness. I say texture VERY lightly, considering I took a square sample of Sora's skintone through MSPaint and saved it as a .bmp file. No shading, no nothing. Needs. Definition. BADLY.
But I do like this version a bit better than his first edit I did, because I wanted him to actually have a different OUTFIT. One that was a bit less...crazy...
These next pictures are the only ones I took with him in this edit, and fair warning to those that've read the fanfic, it could be considered crack.
See, I sorta got to thinking that maybe Aanyx/Roxas as a pairing was a bit too....okay, I can't think of a word for it. Old hat?
So anyway, I decided to make a sort of chart: all the characters of both the KH-cannon-verse and the ATJ-cannon-verse. I didn't get very far, but I did manage to extract a few pairings with Aanyx that I can honestly see happening:
(The order is Seme/Uke, or Who wears the pants/who doesn't, which is why Aanyx isn't always first. Strong-willed though she may be, there are some characters who--by force or otherwise--will definitely not take to being Uke.)
Aanyx/Roxas (Original intended pairing, it has hints throughout the fanfiction)
Aanyx/Riku (I wrote one scene of it towards the beginning, and crack though it may be, I can still see it happening in one of those 'I hate your guts so let's make out in the corner' kind of ways.)
Aanyx/Ventus (Sorta like Aanyx/Roxas, but I think Ven would make her a bit less violent...)
Vanitas/Aanyx (Contrariwise to the above, this one would be violent and most definitely NOT suitable for minors.)
Xemnas/Aanyx (I've only just recently started appreciating Xemnas' character. I can see Aanyx finding him sexy regardless of who she's paired with, honestly.)
Aanyx/Kairi (Given the fact that I don't really care who swings which way, I'm not above same-sex-pairings. I can totally see this one working as Aanyx being the knight-in-shining-armor or whatever.)
Aanyx/Namine (See above; also, I think this one would be much more fluff-and-cuddles than Aanyx/Kairi.)
Aanyx/Xcaiyet (We've got a whip-weilding Nobody and a girl who changes into a giant-ass wolf in heat once a month. 'nuff said.)
(Honestly, I can't see Aanyx with Narexk. I CAN, however, see Xcaiyet with Narexk.)
Saix/Aanyx (About as fiery as Van/Aanyx would be, if not a little less so. Maybe more along the lines of Aanyx/Xcaiyet.)
Aanyx/Sora
Now this last one...well, I had fun messing around on MMD with this one. Rest assured, everything is suitable for all ages, promise. Though some of the above pairings may reach NC-17 or worse, I seriously doubt this one ever will.
Music of Inspiration: King George by Dover; Viva La Vida Cover by Juliana Daily
...That was when I ruled the world...

Be my Mirror, my Sword and Shield

"Chin up, Mr. Keybearer."

"It'll be okay."

Never felt so close to you before

Oh, who would ever wanna be king...

Only got four hours...
*Dead Master model by Windows 100. Background of Neon Town from Kingdom Hearts series, (c)  Square Enix/Disney

Promise
...Yeah, I had fun with this one. Sora's so short OTL
This model was a total cheat. I took the torso off and replaced it with the one from Kio's KAITO, recolored the chest the same way I did with Aanyx, and gave it the hands of Nilad's model/ the texture off a Mer!Sora model I got off Youtube (of course, that was back before I realized that the model was actually Heleannor's, and thus is the reason why I took the texture off the update.)

I also started a Xcaiyet model but her ears and tail refuse to attach so I'll have to go tutorial hunting before I can show her off. (That and I'm not entirely sure I was allowed to edit the Append Rin so I'll have to double check. I know the Readme for the Append Len didn't say so I'm safe on that respect, but I dunno about Rin...) Darn PMDE and it not being in English! I would be WAY faster at learning things on it if I knew what the heck all the options were, cuz then I would be able to monkey around without feeling like I'm about to make the computer blow up or something...

S'yeah. My next model after Sora and Xcaiyet are figured out is (hopefully) gonna be Xemnas, since I'm aiming to finish them in the order that they appear in the sequel. (I'm already writing chapter 4 but I won't post any of it until I can finish these models.)
I found a dressup doll maker thingy on DevArt for Xemnas, so here's a preview of what I'll (hopefully) get Xemnas to look like:
What is it with silver-haired bishies that makes them so much sexier in glasses?
...Except he probably won't have the tattoo because I have NO idea how to go about drawing that, much less making it into a texture. But oh well, he'll still be sexy regardless.
I'll also be redoing Riku ('Cause I really didn't like his KH2 outfit), Namine (Because, really, she's been in the same dress for how long now? It looks as long as a regular shirt, I swear.), and Roxas. Roxas' edit will be more hell than Sora's I garuntee it. I mean, look what I've left for myself to design? Ugh, It makes my eyes hurt just thinking about it....


Okay, seeing as I've rambled for a good two hours, I really think I should try and sleep now. Especially since I'm supposed to be waking up in four and a half hours for registration....

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. All characters, designs, models, programs, games, situations, etc. are copyright their original, respective owners. No copyright infragment intended.

1 comment:

  1. Go checkout mah blog I wrote something for you.

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete