Thursday, August 11, 2011

Is he strong? Listen, bud--

HE'S GOT RADIOACTIVE BLOOD!

Haha, I'm such a nerd :P

Okay, so you know how I rambled the other day about that new Marvel Ultimate Alliance game that we got? Well since we've been playing it, like, every night, I've been inspired to make Super Heroes.
But I'm also in a bit of a KH kick so I've begun combining the two :D

I found this pic off Deviantart the other day and it totally fueled my inspiration-ness!
IMAGE IS (C) THEAMAZINGLADYSHOE ON DEVIANTART!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really liked the one in the upper left corner. It made me wanna MMD-iffy it.
So I did.
Model by NiladTheRogue
.....sortof....
And then I went on a texture-mutilating rampage. I gave him a mask and re-colored his outfit first, but then I kept changing it and then I gave him pants off the Project Diva KAITO and now he's mah baby and I wubbles him :3
Sky Dome by Pac-Mau, Sora by NiladtheRogue, Pants/shoes from Project Diva KAITO, bodysuit texture from Valforwing's boneless Spiderman

Allow me to present: Spider King! I've whored used him so much it's scary obsessive. Especially given I started him yesterday and I finished thismorning. Seriously.
His body suit gave me the most trouble. I wanted it to be textured like Spider Man's but I couldn't find a texture that would work. For most of yesterday it was just a sort of charcoal black, but then this morning I was all like "Hello, Megan!" (Obligatory YJ reference is obligatory) and I remembered that the other day I downloaded a Spiderman that didn't have any bones. But it was a legit Spidey, with legit ripped textures and everything, so I didn't delete it. I'm really glad that I didn't because it's pain-in-my-rear texture saved my model.
And man, was it a pain to deal with. The original texture was shadowed (like most are to give the model a 3d look) so I had to take a tiny square sample of it, then make a bigger sample by lining up a gazillion of the smaller samples to make the new texture.
The mask was even worse, because no matter what shape I cut the texture sample into, it wouldn't cooperate properly--it kept overlapping on the hair or the eyes or whatever. So I finally gave up after monkeying with it for an hour and just half-arsed it. None of the little oval thingies line up, but I don't care because it's not that noticable.


Spider King is a total Seme. Seriously, he's like the Bruce Wayne of Superheroes. (No, not the Batman. The Bruce Wayne. Because Bruce is a Bamf and Batman is already a hero.) Spider King has no affiliation to Spider Man except for the fact that they were bitten by the same breed of spider.
Sora Leonheart, meanwhile, is...well, he's KH!Sora's reincarnate. Clumsy, ditzy, VERY airheaded. And tends to frequently pout. FREQUENTLY. Sora's biology class took a field trip to a genetics lab, where they got hands-on experience with the scientists that worked there. Unfortunately, during one of the labs, one of his classmates' spiders got free and went missing--ultimately biting Sora on the wrist.
After insistance by his teacher to get it looked at, Sora was set free with absolutely no side-effects--that could be seen, that is.
Shortly thereafter, Sora found himself with the same powers of Spiderman, thus leading him to take on the persona of Spider King.

Haha, last-minute-plots are fun to write.
Now be prepared to be spammed with 19 more pictures of Spider King :P

I had to shorten the hood a little so that his emblem would be visible OTL

 I'm not exactly happy with his feet just yet but I'll find a texture for them eventually.

He's still just as tall as the original Sora model :D yay for consistency!



I've got mixed feelings about his emblem, too. :/ It's supposed to be a spider but it looks more like an ant to me...

The thing on top of the spider is supposed to be a crown, too. I'll definately be editing that in the near future....


I really like how this one came out for some reason....I think it's because you can't see his eyes.

Sora looks so much taller and older with pants OTL







Yeah, as you can see, the mask's texture needs fixing. Badly. It looks sort of like turtle skin....



This picture's one of my favorites of the bunch. It reminds me of this VHS that we've had since before I can remember called 'Lord of the Dance'. It's a performance of Irish step dancing by Michael Flatley with a sort of story to it. Long story short there's this one part where the Lord of the Dance is all tied up by the masked bad guys. The main villain guy gets a spotlight and holds up his hand like a gun, spins in a circle all epic like this pose, and then shoots the LoD. 
This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. 
Sora, Kingdom Hearts (c) Square Enix/Disney
Spider Man (c) Marvel/Capcom/Disney
Sora Model by NiladtheRogue
Spider Man Model by Valforwing
KAITO Model from Project Diva.
Spider King, SK model, and Sora Leonheart (c) Sincerely Doubtful Productions

No comments:

Post a Comment