Monday, July 4, 2011

How Un-Patriotic...

Yo! Happy 4th of July!
Nothing says 'Independence Day' like sitting in a t-shirt from Sweden, eating Mexican food, and fangirling over Draco/Harry goodnes while drinking tea. That's right, rebellious pilgrims of the past, I'm drinking tea.
Though my dad did get an American Flag to fly today instead of the one from Lord of the Rings that usually sits outside my window. For fangeeks that care to know, it's the King of Gondor's.

So I can't say that I'm completely UNpatriotic--I'm just not feeling the American spirit, or whatever one feels on 4th of July. Hence my only semi-patriotic actions being the flag outside my window and half-paying attention to the fireworks show on tv (the Macy's one, I think--channel 4 anyway) while trying to ignore the cringe-worthy Country renditions of 'classics'. Not that there's anything wrong with Country, per se--I just can only take so much of the whiney southern twang before needing to slam my head against something repeatedly.

On a completely unrelated note, We got a huge monsoon storm today. It made me happy 
No, seriously, this thing was massive. I couldn't see the aforementioned flag even though it sits about five feet away from my window.
We have a sail shade (it's like a triangular tarp shade) that could have almost ripped half our roof off if we didn't get it down. I took one step outside and I was sopped. Like, just-jumped-into-the-pool-with-all-your-clothes-on sopped. Quite the adventure.

EDIT: I just found out that there's more words to 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' than the chorus that everyone knows. Also, even though anyone caught lighting fireworks in Tucson City Limits is going to be arressted, someone apparently not far from us just started lighting them off. People are IDIOTS even on days like today...

So here's a very un-inthused Cola, wishing all of you invisible readers a 'mused Fourth of July!
This has been a certified drabble cutesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. Picture courtesy of bighappyplz on Deviantart.

No comments:

Post a Comment