Monday, July 25, 2011

The Disney Room, part 01

So back when Summer Vacation started, I mentioned redoing my room (this was somewhere between end of May and early June) and I finally got around to taking some pictures of it.
Of course, I've not yet done the curtains, but bear with me here. :)

 First up, straight from the doorway shot. Yeah, my bed's a futon, but normally I just leave it like that--piled with stuffed animals, pillows, and blankets.
 Directly in front of the door, we have my shelves o' stuff, trunk, and the foot of my bed. (feel free to ignore the tub and pillow and whatnot, I'm still not quite used to having a completely clean room.) Yeah, that's my laptop on the end of the bed there :)
 My pride and joy, completely free-handed Disney castle! I pulled up, like, ten pictures of both Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella castles (DLR and WDW respectively) and just sorta...painted...
About an hour later, this was the result :) It's quite big, taking up the whole half-wall thingy between my closet and my door, and it comes to about my shoulders at it's highest.
 Mickey Shower Curtain XP My closet's big enough to use the whole curtain with little to no wrinkes XP
What's a Disney Room without some good old Mickey Mouse?
 Here's the wall directly to the left of the door, with the rickety shelves o' stuff. The bottom two shelves are JUST movies and games--mostly Disney VHS since I'm the only one in the house with a working VCR :)
I'm gonna ramble a bit about the walls themselves, since this is the best shot of them, I think.
I started with the lightest blue on the bottom and slowly mixed in the purple. Whenever the brush/roller got dry I would crossfade into the blue a bit, to give it more of a blended look. (Kudos to my Stage Management teacher for showing me the video that taught me how to do that last year.) Once I was at about the top of the door I started to blend in the darkest navy-ish color (same color used for the castle) and the ceiling itself is just that color--no mix, like the lightest color had been. It's kinda texturized, though, because the green that it was before shows through in some spots. But once the sun's down it looks wicked cool because without as much light the green makes it look like stars and clouds and how the real sky looks XP
 This is the wall opposite the one I just rambled about. Bookcase on the far left, desk that was my mom's that was my sister's that's now mine, chair that's all that's left of my loft bed (birthday present two years ago, my dad made the bed in '01 back before we moved) and TV stand with my White Rabbit hat on top. I feel really lucky 'cuz I may not get any stations whatsoever but I have a DVD player, VCR, AND a PS2 in here :D Even if it is a tempermental old thing the only games it's willing to play are the only ones I ever really play regardless, so it's happy and so am I :D
Closet-and-castle shot. Yeah, my room's MASSIVE, and I love it. Except for when I've spent all day doing next to nothing but staring at the walls/ceiling/ugly-as-all-heck carpet (I wanna get it outta here but my mom said one project at a time) and going stircrazy.
But at least I'm going stir crazy in a Disney Room of epic awesomeness XP
The curtains are white in the pictures, but I'm about a fourth of the way done with painting them.
I started with the window by the desk; Oswald grabbing the part in the middle on one side and three of his bunnychildren stacked up reaching for the other side :3 (The Bunnychilderen first starred in Trolley Troubles, but were later incorporated into Epic Mickey. I've seen many 'fanbaby' Bunnychilderen and I sort of based those three on some of my favorites.) I'm not too sure what I'll do with the other window's curtains, but I'll post pictures once I'm done with both windows :)

This has been a certified drabble courtesy of Sincerely Doubtful Productions. Mickey, Oswald, Bunnychildren, Sleeping Beauty Castle, and Cinderella Castle are all (c) Disney. I'm just the crazed fan that incorporated them all into my room XD

No comments:

Post a Comment